Thursday, June 24, 2010

To Crop or Not to Crop

By Nathaniel Rhine

I finally have made up my mind to do it. Do what? I’ve decided to crop the ears of Soldier. Actually, the decision was made the moment he was presented to me as a birthday present from my wife, but it was only yesterday that I’ve moved from a thought to an action.


Last week I made several phone calls to local veterinarians who performs ear cropping, the act of operating on dogs ears to make them look more beautiful. There are several breeds of dogs that are easily recognizable due to their ear cropping. For example you have the Doberman Pinchers, the Great Danes, the German Sheppards and the Boxers to name a few of the most common and most recognizable breeds. And of course one can not forget the American Pit Bull Terrier.

Today, I will post a few photographs of Soldier a few hours before the surgery and some photographs of him shortly after the surgery.

Tomorrow, God willing, I intend to write about the actual procedure of ear cropping. Dr Helpful (I will not use his real name for I have yet to seek his permission to use his name in my post) the doctor who performed the ear cropping allowed me to eyewitness the surgery! However, no photographs were allowed to be taken during the surgery. More tomorrow, God willing.


The following day I intend to write about all the noise some people have about ear cropping and tail cropping. For your information, tail cropping is not performed on the American Pit Bull Terriers; ears only.

I thank you very much for the time you have taken out of your busy schedules to read this post. I’d appreciate it if you would so kindly make comments and send them to me. In addition, please “follow” this blog in order to be updated of all interesting future postings.




















No comments:

Post a Comment